1217 N Francis Avenue
Oklahoma City, OK
Building was historical office building of steel, concrete and brick – very unforgiving. Previous commercial use did not lend itself to residential development. Building was dilapidated, lacking all services, and vacant. Owner wanted to refurbish building to provide urban housing alternatives for young professionals moving into neighborhood. Site offered no amenities – green space, parking – as required by City standards.
The harsh commercial nature of the building was emphasized to create industrial one bedroom units, featuring gourmet kitchen, oversized bath and exposed structural elements. Three-story building was reconfigured to provide six one-bedroom units with single front stair access to minimize circulation. Finishes are upper end – but edgy – concrete counter tops, stained concrete floors, maple trim and cabinets, stainless steel accents. Site parking was provided at the rear of buildings so as to not disrupt the residential feel of the neighborhood along the street.
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Historic Hadden Hall (circa 1910) is listed in the National Register of Historic Places by the U.S. Department of the Interior as a contributing resource to the Automobile Alley Historic District. The project received its Certified Rehabilitation in 2011. Hadden Hall reintroduces residential urban living into downtown Oklahoma City’s Automobile Alley and Midtown providing an anchor for future renovations and projects.
Exterior historic elements were enhanced to provide an elegant presentation. Given the project’s past, it was important to maintain the scars from the bombing of the Murrah Building. The slightly off colored brick used to piece together the parapet was left as a reminder of the events of April 19, 1995. Restored the hallway and grand staircase. Interior spaces were reconfigured to accommodate a change in building usage from hotel to apartments.
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Historic Cline Hotel (circa 1910) is listed in the National Register of Historic Places by the U.S. Department of the Interior as a contributing resource to the Automobile Alley Historic District. The project received its Certified Rehabilitation in 2011. Cline Hotel reintroduces residential urban living into downtown Oklahoma City’s Automobile Alley and Midtown providing an anchor for future renovations and projects.
Restored the front entry, exterior facades, grand staircase and hallways, as per the U.S. Department of the Interior guidelines. Reworked hotel room layout to create an apartment building showcasing contemporary residential amenities that blend with the historic nature of the building.
An 11,800-square-foot structure originally built in 1920 as a home for silent films and vaudeville acts in Ada, Okla. Purchased by the Chickasaw Nation in 2002.
Upgrade and restore the original structure, maintaining its historic look and nature while adding function and flexibility. Existing building was landlocked on four sides.
Purchased an adjacent building to increase usable space. Refurbished the lobby and retail areas. Expanded the stage and seating. Installed state-of-the-art sound and lighting capabilities. Redesigned the second and third stories to house an art and receptions gallery as well as administrative offices. In the adjacent building, added concessions, restrooms, an elevator, dressing and green rooms, and prop and scene storage. Recreating an original feature, added a canopy to the front of the theater with electronic ticker tape signage.
Sarkey’s Foundation Corporate Office & Conference Center
Revitalize an old two-story church in east Norman requiring extensive structural, architectural and interior renovations. Previously, a day care was on the first floor (half the floor was a submerged basement), and a church was on the second floor.
By redefining space and using glass walls and millwork, illuminated and lightened downstairs to house administrative offices. Transformed upstairs into a modern, regional conference center for nonprofits with AV equipment, meeting space, a catering kitchen, restrooms and storage. Recreated the main entry as a new two-story entrance to the conference center with elevators for accessibility.